Position based in France in a home working basis.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that APD, revenue and guest targets are exceeded for both trade and direct for the French Markets for all our 3 brands Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises.
Responsible for the management and motivation of a team of 8 strong sales persons.
Responsible for setting the long term strategic direction for all our current sales channels namely Multiples, Consortias, Indeps, Online Distributors, and Direct. Accountable for securing new channels of distribution that will drive APD improvement for our 3 brands
Responsible for delivering maximum return on investment across all sales channels and drive cost efficiencies throughout the sales organisation, including optimization of the commission costs.
Support the Eurozone Sales Director with the execution of the distribution strategy and ensure correct investment decisions are made.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to the team of 8 in order to guarantee the achievement of the targets of the Key Account, Retail and Direct channels in the French territories.
- Provide leadership, motivation and personal development to the team of 8, including an on-going programme of mentoring and skill development, the setting of objectives and regular appraisal.
- Implementation, development and management of the sales strategy that includes account management and acquisition strategies for new business opportunities within the accounts and within the regions.
- Ensuring we have robust annual sales plans in place for key strategic and destination partners, as well as for the Direct channel
- Work hand in glove with Eurozone counterparts to ensure seamless communication across the Eurozone teams ensuring uniformity with guidelines and working practices.
- Ensure that quarterly reviews are held with important accounts and performance monitored and opportunities identified and growth plans put in place
- Commercial negotiations and terms to enable long term profitable growth and total commission optimization whilst being conscious of the competitive environment. Ensure Business Partner agreements in place in a timely fashion.
- Own competitive and trade market intelligence gathering for weekly trading meetings/calls
- Work closely with the trade marketing and Sales Admin team to ensure that communication to trade partners is relevant and targeted and not ‘one size fits all’
- Work with marketing to ensure that all brands are truly represented in all sales activities and Co-op activity
- Ensure that ETDBW really takes our brands to the next level in the eyes of the trade and that we are the Cruise Line of Choice for our trade partners to work with.
- Guide the Training Manager to ensure we continue to develop our award winning training programme and continue to provide the trade with the best face to face and online training.
- Responsible for analysing the weekly stats for the relevant distribution channel and analysing the stats by account/channel and providing insight to the sales team as to trends and implementing action plans with accounts accordingly
- Ensure the sales organisation has the right tools to enable Sales to sell more efficiently and effectively.
- Measure the ROI of Coop Marketing and Direct funds amongst the relevant distribution channel and course correct if delivering low ROI.
- Spend 40% of time out on the road with relevant sales team listening to trade partners feedback and make recommendations on process enhancements and account growth opportunities
- Input to the overall development of the total company annual operating plan and the strategies with proactive input into deployment debates identifying ship requirements to match growth opportunities.
- Provide input into AOP Annual Operating Plan for relevant channel, Quarterly Reviews etc.
- Act as Ambassador for RCCL at key trade events
- Embrace Salesforce as the operating platform for the management of the market
- RCL to have maximum exposure in travel trade press and at key events/conferences
- Act as a spokesperson with trade media in France
- Develop a strong relationship and network with key decision makers in our distribution channels.
- Eurozone Stakeholders
- Total French business
- Ensure guest and NTR targets are achieved.
- Responsible for total sales budget, including coop. Provide accurate quarterly forecasting.
- Responsible for overall commissions budget and for looking at ways of reducing commissions as % to GTR.
- Responsible for providing budget input for AOP.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Ability to present themselves effectively at all levels including senior management both internally and externally
- Proven commercial skills and results driven
- Highly motivated and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in French and English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to focus on key priorities
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills preferable
- Flexible on working hours and travel
- Thinks outside the box
- Good at identifying the problems and finding the solutions
- Ability to put their point across in a clear and concise way
- Proven experience and success of managing and motivating a large sales and direct team at a senior level with total responsibility for setting the sales strategy, agenda and targets.
- Proven success in the development of key account & Retail management and acquisition strategy for Direct channel.
- Experience of working in an international matrix organization.
- Media experience preferable.
- Proficient in English & French, other language such as German, Italian or Spanish would be appreciated.